Friday, October 9, 2009

Sit Down and Wait for The Walrus

Much of my time lately has been spent in the vehicle known as Sammy Dean. 

My Dear Sammy Dean and I have had a good and bad couple of weeks.

I went to a YSA dance in “Big City” with three other girls from my branch, I drove, and realized that I was “STARVING” so after Institute the one girl and I went to get some good food.  Upon our return I parked out front of the Chapel and headed inside to dance the night away.

Throughout the night I found out two of the girls I brought were not coming with me (not to happy about that) and that we would have to drive back to pick up a friends car (45 min to 1 hour) away from my house, before I got home. 

At the end of the night, I was so thrilled to get an email from I guy who I want to get to know better (score!)  and headed out towards my car.

Upon walking up to it I found my rear passenger car door smashed in and my entire purse which included my scriptures, my cell phone, my camera, my wallet, my iPod, GONE!

So afterwards, I had to cancel my debit & credit cards and deal with the fact that I now had to fix a window $200+ to fix, buy a new cell phone (daddy wouldn’t not want me to go without one) and buy a new iPod and camera. 

So since then I’ve slowly been replacing cards and electronics but I’m left with the sense of “What else do I have to do?”

I have the feeling that I’ve got to watch and make sure that I have everything with me all the time.

I’m really praying and hoping that I’ll get my scriptures and my SD card back with almost a years worth of photos on it.  Who wants random photos from a LDS wedding? (I found a website that showed photos from cameras and asked people if that camera was theirs, got to find that website again)

Anyway, This weekend marks the Canadian Thanksgiving which is always good, one turkey dinner until the second last weekend in October when I get my second turkey dinner.  I can’t wait.   Yum Yum.

I’m also hoping to head to a craft sale with a friend of mine.  She is taking photography classes and I asked her if she wanted me to be a model and do a session.  So that I could possibly give them out as Christmas gifts and the like.

So that’s the update for now.  Hopefully I’ll give more time and effort to my blog in the coming days, weeks, months, and years.

I owe it all to Wilford Wooddruff!  Thank You!

No comments:

Looking Forward

There are some things I have been thinking about recently that are basically summed up in this thought from Matthew Hussey, who is a relati...