Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm Breaking Up With You Sprite!


So Once Upon a Time when I was in High School. I bought a bottle of Sprite almost daily and drank it and put it in my locker.

My Locker Friend who had his locker next to mine, at the time suggested I see if I could try and see how many bottles I could fit in my locker, the last day of school came and went and I can't even remember how many bottles of sprite i had drunk throughout that year.

Many years since then, I have had a can, a cup, or a bottle of this stuff. Until at least two weeks ago when I realized that I wasn't out buying it anymore, or drinking it.. I had decide last tuesday (Pancake Tuesday) that I was going to give it up for LENT (a practice that isn't practiced by the LDS) but I thought I would give it a shot and give it up, not buy it, not drink it.

I almost gave in today because I went out and bought gas at a gas station and had the thought, "You know what would be nice right now, an Aero Bar and a Sprite" but my other thought was. Maybe another time.. WHAT!!! Maybe another time... I love you Sprite I really do.. You go really nice with that Aero bar and you're really nice to drink cold and I passed IT UP!! AM I CRAZY!

I realize now that yes I did want it but I can go without having it. It isn't easy! I hope it will be worth it!

2 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

I wonder what I would break up with for Lent. ?? I'm not a soda-person but I bet it would be hard for me to stop blogging! :p

Amy Jo said...

Next month will be a year since I broke up Pepsi...I NEVER in a million years would have thought this possible, but I have been able to stick to it. I did not even require any counseling...Hang in there with the struggle with Sprite... :)You can do it!

Found your blog through Kristina P.'s blog...

Looking Forward

There are some things I have been thinking about recently that are basically summed up in this thought from Matthew Hussey, who is a relati...