Friday, February 11, 2011

Look Mom I Can Read


I read this book a month ago and I really would recommend it to anyone.  I was one of those books in the bookstore that I would consider buying but pass on because I had no idea what I would be getting myself into.   Fortunately, I picked it up after a couple of months (but not reading it for another couple)  So when I decided I would read more this was the first book I picked up.  A friend of mine told me about it, and one of the parents of the kids I work for was reading it and told me that it was really good. I couldn't put it down to save my life but I wanted to make it last as long as possible because it was a great read.  I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for that other side perspective.  Without Giving Anything Away it takes place in Germany During WWII and the main character is a German Girl with a German family and German friends who she comes into contact with.  There are many twists and turns along her way on her journey, and the entire book is narrated by a unlikely character, Death.  I will have to advise you that like A Tree Grows in Brooklyn there are some chapters that may be inappropriate for young readers.  ☼☼☼☼/☼☼☼☼☼ 4/5 Suns


So Since A Friend of Mine and I are a little obsessed about this movie, We love it, we watch it all the time, I bought her and I a copy of the book to read.  I finally got around to reading it.  It was an insanely quick read and I thought that it would live up to the movie, it did in some respects and in others the author should have spent more time with character development, I don't know if it is just the fact that I had hoped that the movie was somewhat like the book, or the actors did an amazing job or what, but it really underwhelmed my excitement.  I did like most of the book in it's differences.  I have to say that I enjoyed the little details that weren't part of the movie,  I enjoyed that they spent time with characters that weren't made out to be important in the book, that was great.  I do recommend it if you haven't seen the movie.  Even if you have seen the movie, I recommend you read it to form your own opinion about the whole movie is better than the book theory and vice versa.  ☼☼☼/☼☼☼☼☼ 3/5Suns!

No comments:

Looking Forward

There are some things I have been thinking about recently that are basically summed up in this thought from Matthew Hussey, who is a relati...