Friday, February 20, 2009

Yes I am A Librarian...

Today I had a student come up to me and basically mock me to my face because I went to school to be a librarian.


Yes I went to school

Yes I have a diploma/degree

I do more than shelve books

or sit on my duff and tell people to "SHH"

Yes I am smarter than you and can block every single game site you go on because you should be in a class or elsewhere because computers are for class work purposes only.

NO Facebook, NO MSN, No GAMES!

DONT YOU GET IT.

I love that grade 11 & 12 boys think they're smarter than me..

I have a special program that can block you every single game you try.

SO WHY DO YOU KEEP TRYING!

I know my software, my databases, my internet search engines

DON'T YOU DARE THINK YOU ARE GREATER THAN THE LIBRARIAN!


*ahem.*


as much as I love filling in for the library techs of the board one thing will never change.
High School Students who think that there isn't anything else to do but play games
High School Students Who Talk Back To the Librarian
High School Students Who Continually Think I don't know what I'm talking about.

I think that principals & teachers should be aware of where all their students are. I know you are busy and have other classes but they should definately be checked up on so that they can be dealt with the proper concequences.

One thing that I will not tolerate from now on is the fact that they think everything is a joke when I come in as a supply and think that they can take over.

Just pull up your pants and realize you soon will be an adult.

No comments:

Looking Forward

There are some things I have been thinking about recently that are basically summed up in this thought from Matthew Hussey, who is a relati...